The Senior QA Engineer will be working on real world testing challenges of scalability, availability and fault tolerance. It is an opportunity to develop skills and apply them using cutting edge tools and technologies. It is also the opportunity to build a team of talented QA Engineers.
The following are examples of the kinds of challenges that you might have to work on:
• Designing, developing and implementing a suite of tests to ensure a quality software product is released.
• Working with Engineers in an agile development environment.
• Challenging, where appropriate, practices and processes that can be optimised.
• Estimating the time required to test applications.
• Analysing changes required and their impact on existing test timeframes.
• Participating in walkthroughs for new planned features of the application.
• Providing the necessary authority for each application to be released.
• Working in an Agile environment embracing iterative and incremental techniques.
It is anticipated that you will have 4+years of software testing experience and will have a BSc or MSc in Computer Science or related degree. You will be comfortable and experienced in working with databases like Oracle, Sybase or MySQL and can write and execute SQL queries to validate data.
Knowledge of various test methods, techniques and procedures is required, along with exceptional oral and written communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK.