arc-net is looking for a talented Senior Engineer to join our growing development team in Edinburgh.
Who we are
arc-net is a technology business that is helping to accelerate the adoption of blockchain and distributed ledger technology (DLT) in a diverse range of markets. arc-net is primarily a digital, B2B service provider, initially focusing on traceability and supply chain provenance, but with a range of other services that fully exploit the functionality of blockchain including smart contracts and payment systems. Customers and partners include BASF, PWC, M&S and a range of Scottish distillers.
As a new tech start-up based in Edinburgh, the beautiful capital in the heart of Scotland, we are building a platform to track products as they pass through elaborate, customer supply chains and we need you to help us build the tools to support and visualise that data for our customers and their consumers.
What we need
To achieve arc-net’s goal of delivering these services to our customers we need a passionate senior engineer with a proven ability to deliver quality software as part of an agile, multi-disciplinary team. You should be confident taking charge of projects, helping to bring clarity to the company’s vision and creating a standard as an example to the team. As a member of the engineering team at arc-net you will have the opportunity to work with some leading-edge technology including blockchain, microservice architecture supported by docker and running in a variety of cloud environments. As part of a fast-moving start-up, you will have the opportunity to work in many different areas of development and we’ll expect you to bring in new technology and expertise.
DevOps is a way of life here and engineers who embody the devops philosophy will find the culture a familiar one. We’ll be continuing to grow the team underneath you, so you’ll have the chance to develop into leadership roles as they become available.
• You should be a tenacious problem solver.
• You love working within a strong team and communicate well to the team’s output.
• You must have expert level Java experience with a strong degree in Computer Science and at least 4 years of experience to back it up.
• You should be comfortable working with the Spring framework, specifically SpringBoot.
• You should have a variety of experience working with typical engineering pipeline tools including version control, code-quality and testing tools.
• You should have some experience working with public cloud infrastructure, ideally AWS.
Ideally you would also have
• Experience with NodeJS and/or other modern script frameworks and languages.
• Good understanding of REST and how to implement and consume an API.
• Experience working with containers, ideally Docker.
• Experience with Microservices.
• Good knowledge of command line git.
• Experience with Agile development methodologies.
• Experience with CI pipeline tools such as Travis and automated release processes.
What you can expect from us
• Competitive salary and benefits.
• Stock options for qualifying candidates.
• Great Edinburgh location.
• Dynamic start-up culture.
• Flexible working environment (including remote working where required).
• An open and welcoming culture with a great appetite for new technology and ideas.